A non-profit coffee house and grassroots community center in historic Mt Tabor Presbyterian Church
The mission of the Taborspace Program is to create connected community, by providing a welcoming and nurturing gathering place, as a collaboration between the church and the neighborhood!
In an effort to build community and open up the beautiful, historic building as a resource for the neighborhood, Taborspace was founded by church members and neighbors of the Mt. Tabor area. After being closed for 40 years, the doors to the original bell tower and entrance into the new coffee house opened on June 23rd 2009 and marked the beginning of what is now becoming a thriving grassroots community center.
- Serving local Nossa Familia coffee, as well as rotating guest roasters, and pastries from Bakeshop
- Hours: M-F 7:30am – 3:00pm; Sat. 8:30am – 1:30pm
- Weekly music events, art classes, yoga, workshops and more!
Taborspace Events – Affordable spaces for private and public events
- Large community room, for work and conversation.
- Children’s reading area in the common room, and a separate space for children in an “active play” mode.
- Room rental for everything from support groups to yoga classes to concerts.
As part of our Mission, everyone involved at Taborspace volunteers a little, or a lot! The doors stay open and the organization continues to grow because of the diverse gifts everyone brings to the table. From the baristas to the parish house partners, the advisory team to the event hosts, the volunteers make Taborspace possible. Please inquire if you want to get involved.
In the News